defined because the new "bible" for pilots vintage Routes is the final word guidebook to the world's final loose flight locations. even if you fly a light-weight paraglider or a topless hold glider, there's something during this e-book for you.
Published through the makers of pass state journal, the overseas paragliding and hold gliding journal, and edited by way of Bob Drury, vintage Routes is a distinct travel via 20 of the world's most desirable loose flight destinations.
From the vintage 90km Bingara Run in Manilla, Australia, to flying the convergence line in Piedrahita, Spain, to the Grand travel of Annecy to chasing miles in Governador Valadares, Brazil, a few of the world's best-known websites are all in here.
Each bankruptcy is written via a pilot who has flown the course and knows the territory. They clarify how one can fly it too, and what to appear for alongside the best way. condominium thermals are mentioned, mystery go with the flow strains defined, problematic meteorology unravelled and native principles unveiled.
However, you do not have to be embarking on a global journey to get complete good thing about vintage Routes. The booklet stands by myself as a distinct instructing and studying reduction, explaining greater than any textbook the way to fly move kingdom. It allows you to see contained in the heads of pilots like Will Gadd or Jocky Sanderson as they demonstrate the tips in their alternate and proportion their secrets.
The print model of vintage Routes is a vintage espresso desk ebook, with attractive images laid out over 2 hundred pages. This electronic model has been reformatted in particular for the Kindle, and lines all of the articles and chapters simply as they're within the publication, yet with no all of the beautiful images to be had within the print version.
You would not have to be an event activities fanatic or an severe activities addict to get pleasure from this ebook, or perhaps a paraglider pilot or cling glider pilot – armchair travelers and couch adventurers will benefit from the good written stories, that are written via the very best writers within the sport.
The record of areas featured and who wrote them includes:
- Will Gadd steps into the Rocky Mountain Trench for a 100km vintage in Golden, Canada
- Nate Scales tip-toes 75km via Idaho’s solar Valley, USA
- Mitch McAleer rides the ridges of California’s Lake Elsinore
- Jocky Sanderson is going 100km dot-to-dot from Governador Valadares, Brazil
- Simon Coe and Arne Kristian Boiesen move troll looking in Norway’s mountains
- Bob Drury shrugs off the rain for a vintage travel of Snowdonia, Wales
- Hugh Miller dodges airspace and chases cloudbase as he boots it downwind around the apartments from Combe Gibbet in England
- Matthew Whittall swaps his place of work BlackBerry for a vario on a 100km travel of King Ludwig’s castles in Bavaria
- Kelly Farina flies an FAI triangle in Austria’s ‘racing valley’, the Zillertal
- Felix Wolk top-lands Marmolada on his hold glider
- Roland Mader dares to trip the enormous for a 200km FAI triangle ranging from Fiesch, Switzerland
- J C Skiera surfs the limestone cliffs round Annecy’s Grand travel du Lac
- Marcus King is going into the freezer on a 100km blast throughout the Ecrins in France
- Bob Drury rides wild horses at the 100km Dormillouse Run in southern France
- Bob Drury flies a blinder utilizing the vintage convergence in Piedrahita, Spain
Rest of the world
- Greg Hamerton is going for 133km in Porterville, South Africa’s hottest site
- Adam Hill takes us via the hand round the Korchon Circuit in Pokhara, Nepal
- Jim Mallinson flies alongside the mountains from Bir to Dharamsala on an Indian Himalayan classic
Download your reproduction now – interpreting skill studying, and studying is helping you fly better.
The vintage Routes Team